Ways to Get Involved This Earth Day

Let’s heal our planet!
Laurel Rose Barrett
This is a beautiful depiction of what our Earth is capable of producing. Greenery of the Boston Commons.

This year’s Earth Day will officially occur on Monday, April 22, 2024. Every year, Earth Day is celebrated around the world in over 192 countries. April 22nd is an important day to raise awareness about looking after the environment. To help tend to our planet on Earth Day there are many acts of service you can do to help the environment. Keep reading for some suggestions!

Volunteering in a Beach/Park Clean Up

Volunteering in a clean-up in your community is one of the best ways to get involved because you’re helping the environment with others who want to make a positive difference in the world. Being a past Boy Scout, volunteering in a community clean-up was a great experience because I knew that I was positively changing the environment.

Plant a Tree

Planting a tree is a great way to be a part of Earth Day and positively change the environment. Trees can help reduce climate change as they remove carbon dioxide from the air, store carbon within themselves and soil, and then release oxygen back into the atmosphere. It is also an incredible sight to see your tree grow over the years from a small sapling to a strong and full tree.

Donate to the Official Earth Day Organization

If you don’t have any time to do any activities on Earth Day you can donate to an Earth Day organization. Donating is a great way to help with Earth Day because you are helping raise money for the health of the planet Earth and the creatures all around the world. 

All of these are great ways to get involved with Earth Day on Monday, April 22, 2024. Remember that by participating in Earth Day in any activity you are making a positive change to the world and the wellbeing of society.