The Chomp

The Student News Site of Gateway Regional High School

The Chomp

The Chomp

Loving Him Was Red…(Travis’ Version)

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce?
Kalise Miller
Is there a new couple emerging?

There is a new couple emerging into the spotlight! Move over Tom and Zendaya, Travis and Taylor are coming to play. After a Taylor Swift sighting at the Kansas City Chiefs game this past week, alongside Kelce’s mom, Taylor and Travis’ relationship has been unspokenly confirmed.

On July 7th and 8th, Taylor performed at Kansas City’s Arrowhead Stadium, Travis’s home as a tight end for the Chiefs. At one of these shows, Kelce attended and made a friendship bracelet for Taylor with his phone number on it. Unfortunately, he was unable to meet the singer to give her the bracelet, due to her being on vocal rest prior to and after the shows. Travis was appropriately “disappointed” and “a little butt-hurt” by this, but that didn’t stop the slow flourishing of their relationship.

September 12th rolled around with a source claiming to the Messenger that the pair were “quietly hanging out” and that Taylor had met with Travis while she was in New York City a few weeks prior. September continued with multiple questions thrown at Kelce about his possible relationship with Taylor. He stayed guarded, not giving fans a clear yes or a no. However, it has been clear to super-fans that something is happening! 

Kelce’s brother, Jason, who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles, was even asked about Travis’s love life. Jason decided to also not confirm or deny, and instead said that his brother is “having fun.” Not too long after, Taylor was spotted wearing an opal necklace. Travis’s birthstone. Interesting….

Jason, yet again, was asked about Travis’s potential relationship following the big game.

This time he responded, “I think they’re doing great and I think it’s 100% true,” he then followed up, “No, I’m joking, I don’t know what’s happening.”

Are you sure, Jason?

At the Chiefs game, Taylor was a very attentive fan and cheered extra hard when Travis scored a touchdown. After the game, Travis and Taylor were spotted leaving Arrowhead Stadium, where it all began, together in his classic sports car.