2024 Gateway2Careers Intern Breakfast

Hosting the largest intern class ever!
Melissa Eckstein
Jack Keller presenting at the Gateway2Careers Intern Breakfast about his time at Hoffman’s.

On Wednesday, May 29th, The Gateway 2 Careers Internship classes gave their presentations at the annual Gateway 2 Careers breakfast. Everyone who did an internship over the second half of the school year created a Google Slides presentation showcasing pictures and experiences from their internships. The 2023-24 Gateway2Careers class was the largest ever with over thirty students being in the program. 

Jack at a sporting event with Hoffman’s Pest Control

For me, my internship was with Hoffman’s Exterminating. If you don’t know Hoffman’s, Hoffman’s is a pest control company that provides services to South Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware & even Maryland. For my future career, I want to work in the sports industry mainly on the business side, so Hoffman’s taught me all sorts of business skills like organizing inventory, adding sales leads, and arranging mail orders.

Also, during my time at Hoffman’s, I was able to attend multiple sporting events including the Philadelphia Union & Philadelphia Flyers. Attending these events I was able to learn about working in the sports environment and meeting new people. This was essential for my future because it’s always great to have connections with other people.

I am really thankful for Gateway2Careers because if I hadn’t taken this class then I wouldn’t be learning all the essential skills that I needed whether in the classroom or at my internship.

I want to thank Mrs. Eckstein and Mr. Joyce for allowing me to take this class as well as all of the experiences that I have been grateful to be a part of.

If you are a student at Gateway and want to gain valuable skills & experiences that will help you become successful in the future, then definitely take the Gateway2Careers class as a senior!

View Comments (2)