Welcome Back Mrs. Cross!

We Have Missed You!
Desmond McCue
Mrs. Cross wearing her Varsity Latin hoodie in her Latin-decorated classroom!

After a maternity leave, where she had a beautiful baby girl named Lucia, Mrs. Cross is now back and ready to finish out 2024. She has been teaching at Gateway for eight years, and she has loved every minute of it. Even with the ups and downs, she still looks forward to coming in every day to make a difference.

Upon her return, Ms. Cross said, “It feels really good to see my co-workers and students, I miss them. Gateway is a special community.”

When she was in college, she was sure that she wanted to pursue a career in the classics, but was deciding between being a teacher or a professor. After some thinking, she said she decided to become a teacher. 

“I could have a bigger impact with younger students,” she said on why she ultimately decided to pursue teaching, which she certainly has.

Her favorite part of teaching is how, “It is always new, even if the lesson is the same, it’s not exactly the same because both me and my students are different.”  

Another reason why she loves teaching is that she finds us students genuinely funny, making class fun and memorable. She also loves how students tend to make class a good time as she says, “Students make class either fun or not fun.”

Mrs. Cross is an excellent teacher and an even better person, and she will be impacting and changing the lives of many students for years to come. Welcome back Mrs. Cross, and congratulations on your new baby!

View Comments (1)