Winter Festivities to Make the Season Fly By

What is your favorite winter activity?
Image by benzoix on Freepik
A winter scene

Cold weather, warm clothes, hot cocoa, and fun holidays – winter can be a fun-filled season! From viewing lights while drinking warm drinks to watching your favorite holiday movies, winter has so much to offer. Commonly, when people think of winter they think of December and January; however, winter does not end until mid-to-late March! 

December Holiday Based!

If you are on a budget, that is okay! Walking around, or driving around town and admiring the beautiful holiday decorations is a cheap and easy way to enjoy the chilly season. You could even print out or write a list of things to see, making it more of a scavenger hunt! I would also recommend getting a nice cup of hot cocoa to go along with it! 

If that is not for you, you could also do a 25-day holiday movie list. Each day, for 25 days, you watch a different holiday movie. Usually, each day is a new one you have not seen – but it is okay if you have already watched it! Watching a nice movie is always a nice way to cozy up during winter. Another cheap and festive activity would be to go to a town tree lighting near you. It is a nice way to go out and about with friends or family and admire the beautiful parts of early winter!

Willing to spend a bit on holiday joy? Check out Great Adventure’s Holiday in the Park! Full of glamorous lights and activities to do, you just can not go wrong with spending a nice chilly day at Great Adventure (Six Flags)! Not into Great Adventure but want the feel? Check out Hershey Park Christmas Candy Lane! These options are pricey, but worth the pay! 

Non-Christmas Based

Sometimes cheap things bring the most joy. Baking is a great way to spend time during the cold months of winter! If baking is not for you, you can go on a beginning-of-the-year hike, build a snowman, or create (and work towards) resolutions for the new year. Another nice way to spend time having fun is to create a cozy blanket fort and watch your favorite movies! Inching towards February, you can always create handmade gifts for those you love. Reminder: Valentine’s Day is not just for romantic relationships!

Have some extra money to spend? A ski trip is always a fun idea! It is a great way to have a little weekend getaway with those you love. If skiing is not for you, you could go ice fishing or go camping. Some people adore camping in the winter! 

Looking to spend time with those you love? Take them out to a nice restaurant, or their favorite fast food place if that is more their style, and enjoy your special night with them.

Winter is a season some people love and others hate, no matter what side you are on you can find ways to enjoy the frosty season. Whether you like it or not, it is gonna stay for a few months!