What Exactly is Mr. Gateway 2024?

Your questions answered!
Mr. Gateway Instagram
Last year’s Mr. Gateway contestants ready for the show! Don’t they look great?

Every school year, one person earns the coveted title of Mr. Gateway at the annual competition. In June another will earn the title. Despite the show’s popularity, many don’t understand what the show truly is.

The show consists of non-stop entertainment in the form of video skits, a swimsuit competition, talents, and formal wear. While of course, the twelve contestants (named by each month of the year) are competing for the title of Mr Gateway, it truly is a comedy show where the contestants embarrass themselves to entertain the audience.

Although the show is meant to be funny, it also showcases the abilities of our TV/AV students here at Gateway. To run a successful show, there must be scripts written for each skit (and the show as a whole), impressive editing and filming, and the ability to adapt to the never-ending requests of the contestants.

Throughout the school year, the contestants and crew establish a strong bond with each other. Senior contestant Tristan Fernandez says he was welcomed, “off the bat” and everyone “took [his] ideas into consideration even through [his] first year.” 

2nd-year contestant Matt Steedle agrees with Fernandez’s experiences, adding, “It’s the most fun I’ve had in high school.” 

This year our contestants are as follows:

Mr January: Freshman Kevin Zagone

Mr February: Sophomore Matt Steedle

Mr March: Sophomore Jack O’Connell

Mr April: Freshman Justin Watts

Mr May: Junior Ryan Seber

Mr June: Senior Brandon Bourdon

Mr July: Senior Tristan Fernandez

Mr August: Junior Jack Patrick

Mr September: Senior Steve Morlachetta

Mr October: Senior Tony Tacconelli

Mr November: Senior Will Gentry

Mr December: Senior Cole Tice

Perhaps if you come to the show later this year, you’ll experience some of the fun as well! The money received from each ticket also contributes to Project Graduation for our seniors! So, not only will you have fun yourself, but you are ensuring an enjoyable and safe after-party for our class of 2024!