The Chomp

The Student News Site of Gateway Regional High School

The Chomp

The Chomp

Powder Puff 2023

The 2026 and 2024 classes dominate!
Gateway Regional
Class of 2024 wins the entire Powder Puff thanks to an amazing group effort!

On Friday, November 17, Gateway held its annual Powder Puff football game! Our Lady Gators showed off their athleticism when they went head-to-head in two tough games. 

Starting at 6:30, the freshmen played in their first Powder Puff against the sophomores, who played poorly last year against the class of 2025. However, they redeemed themselves this year! The class of 2026 beat the freshmen 6-0! Despite losing on the field, the freshmen had an outstanding sideline cheering them on.

Following the sophomore win, the juniors took on the seniors. In the end, the class of 2024 pulled out their first-ever Powder Puff win! Their skill was unmatched this year. 

Powerful player Layla Tice said, “I loved playing in Powderpuff all four years,” even though they only won 25% of the time, she, “Enjoyed it 100% of the time.” 

Before the game, the juniors saw many injuries to their starting lineup, changing the team as a whole. However, they still put up a great fight, with Coach Aidan Bender leading the way.

Congratulations to the classes of 2026 and 2024! Make sure to attend next year to see the rematch of the classes of 2026 and 2025!