What Are Gateway Gators Thankful For?

Kalise Miller
Original Canva creation by Kalise Miller. She wanted to use Gateway’s Gator mascot on a turkey to represent how thankful Gators are this season.

Each and every day there are changes in your life. But, there are always those things and people that bring constant joy and relaxation. To celebrate the American holiday of Thanksgiving, many families across the nation share who and what they are thankful for. So, we decided to ask some fellow gators what they felt thankful for.

A very common answer that we received was grateful feelings for friends and family. These are the people allow our world to rotate.

Sophomore Matt Steedle says, “Without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.”

Many felt similarly to Steedle. Everyone around us impacts our personal development. Throughout our childhood years, we learn from our peers and grow to become the person we are today. Being thankful for these people is very important. Be sure to show gratitude towards them!

Senior Jason Zheng says he is grateful for the teachers at Gateway. He says they are, “Responsive and always caring for all of the students.”

English teacher, Mrs. Barrett, is a clear example of one of these teachers. When she was asked what she was thankful for, her answer was her health: “Over the past few years, I have had a variety of health challenges, but this year, I am feeling 100%, so it is easier to give each day my ALL, which is important since so many students depend on me. For that I am truly grateful. It feels great to be back on my A game.”

Barrett is a very dedicated teacher, always planning ahead and getting things done, but past health challenges sometimes threw a wrench in her hustle. She pushes herself to teach at the highest level she can, and this year with fewer health hurdles she is looking forward to continuing this progress.

Here at The Chomp we are extremely grateful for our supportive teachers and staff behind not only our club but our entire school. Without our advisor, Kelly Barrett, The Chomp would not be where it is today. In addition, without the backing of our administration, school board, readers, and Gateway community, this article would not be available to read right now, so we at The Chomp are so very thankful for all of you!

We wish you all a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

We want to know what you are thankful for, and a mission of ours on this new platform is to connect with all of you. Please share in the comments what you are thankful for, so we can radiate our positivity among all members of our community during this fall and winter holiday season!