Meet Ms. Gilliano!

November’s New Featured Teacher
Abria Joshua
Ms. Gilliano, Math Teacher Ms. Gilliano is new this year to Gateway. Let’s give her a warm welcome to The Swamp!

Let’s welcome one of Gateway’s newest teachers, Ms. Gilliano! She teaches Algebra and Geometry. In her short time here, she has already positively affected students and made great connections in the classroom!

Ms. Gilliano is teaching high school math here at Gateway, but this is not her first year teaching. For the past two years, she taught at Sgt. Dominick Pilla Middle School in Vineland. Before that, she got her degree in Mathematics with a concentration in Education and a Minor in Childhood Studies at Stockton University. 

Growing up, Ms. Gilliano always had a passion for math. Even as a child, she would try to teach math to her two younger sisters after school. Her father even set up a chalkboard in the basement to help her with her lessons. Although her sisters were never that appreciative, Ms. Gilliano did not let their indifference discourage her. 

While she loves teaching math, there are other positives about being a teacher. One of her favorite parts is meeting her students and getting to know them. Ms. Gilliano loves working with students to relate math to real life and to make it fun! She has had many fun ideas like escaping a zombie apocalypse through math problems and solving problems to uncover the punchline of a joke. 

In her free time, Ms. Gilliano likes to cook and go to the gym. When asked what she likes to cook she said that she usually sees something on TikTok and then goes home and recreates it. Generally, she likes to make dinner foods as opposed to desserts. Her favorite thing to make is stuffed peppers! 

Ms. Gilliano’s enthusiasm for teaching is contagious, and it is no surprise that she has already made a positive impression at Gateway in such a short time. Gateway looks forward to seeing how she continues to positively impact her students and Gateways community in the future! Let’s all make sure we give her the warmest welcome to Gateway!