Upcoming Fall Festivies

Enjoy fall to the fullest!
Laurel Rose Barrett
Fall is the best time for fun, outdoor activities!

Starting in September and ending in December, fall is a beloved season for many reasons. From the crisp air, the sweater weather, all the way to the pumpkin spice scents and flavors, there is just so much to adore about this simple season. The month most associated with fall is October, and it is the perfect month for fall festivities! It isn’t too hot, nor too cold. 

The problem is that many people love the season but don’t know which activities to do when. At the beginning of October, it seems too soon to participate in haunted hayrides or haunted houses, and the end of it seems too chilly to go apple picking or hiking. Fall is a beautiful season, but it can seem boring if you don’t know how to spend it. 

At the beginning of fall, even in September, activities such as corn mazes, apple picking, making candy apples, and going on nice walks with a cozy drink of your choice are ways to enjoy the beautiful season. The most popular place for a corn maze would be the famous Creamy Acres Farm, which also provides a beautiful pumpkin patch. If you’re interested in apple picking, I’d recommend checking out Heilig Orchards Inc. in Mullica Hill, New Jersey. Walking around is obviously something you can do anywhere, but if you’d like to check out a trail, I’d consider checking out the beautiful path at Riverwinds

Nearing the middle of fall is when spooky activities are most popular. Simple festivities such as carving pumpkins, heading to Spirit Halloween, making a scarecrow, or even going on a hayride are all viable options. If you’re looking for something spookier, something inexpensive would be a haunted house, haunted hayride or just walking around a cool neighborhood looking at Halloween decorations. Slightly more expensive options include Six Flags Fright Night or Creamy Acres Night of Terror.

As previously mentioned, Creamy Acres does have a beautiful pumpkin patch where you can pick the perfect pumpkin to carve. If you’re in the mood to make a scarecrow for your front yard, grab some old jeans and an old plaid shirt along with newspaper or hay. Up for a hayride? Hayrides are always available at Creamy Acres and other farms as well, even haunted hayrides. Interested in haunted houses? Try Monster Martin’s House of Terror. Understandably, haunted houses aren’t for everyone, so if you’re into Halloween but don’t want something too spooky, I’d recommend watching a light-hearted movie, or doing a harmless craft with your friends or family!

Many forget that it is still fall after Halloween. This is the time when it’s slowly transitioning into winter, so most people enjoy spending their time staying cozy inside. With that said, here are some excellent choices for anyone who loves fall, but would rather stay warm. Cozy up with a good movie and a cup of apple cider. The Nightmare Before Christmas is an amazing choice for the transition between Halloween and Christmas! Another activity you can do to stay in the fall mood during November and December is baking pumpkin-shaped cookies or pumpkin spice cookies.

Here are some recipe suggestions!   

Fresh April Flours

Little Sweet Baker

With all these ideas in mind, the Gateway Gators hope you enjoy the fall season to its fullest! Happy Fall!

Activity Dates and Times:

Hazel Foster