The Landmark 45th Season of Survivor

Laurel Rose Barrett
The 45th season of Survivor is streaming now! Original Canva created by Laurel Barrett

On Wednesday, September 27th, the TV show Survivor officially kicked off its 45th season on CBS. Survivor is a competition where eighteen castaways are split up into tribes, and they have to win competitions in order to stay safe from elimination. The losing tribe goes to the tribal council where they vote one of their own out of the game. In the end, one person ultimately wins one million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor.

In the 45th season of Survivor, there were eighteen new castaways, one of which returned from last season, Bruce Perreault. Perreault was in the 44th season, but in the starting challenge suffered a head injury causing him to be medically evacuated from the game. Perreault was excited to come back to the show after not having a chance to make it far in Survivor 44. 

In the starting premiere, the castaways had to participate in a reward challenge with the possible winnings of supplies for their tribe. The Reba tribe ultimately won, sending the other two tribes back to camp with nothing.

The castaways got to know more about each other before competing in an immunity challenge. The Belo tribe finished first with Reba finishing second, sending the Lulu tribe to the first tribal council.

The Lulu tribe went to the tribal council with survivor castaway Hannah Rose informing her tribe members that she wanted to quit the show. Rose’s tribe members agreed to send her home and Rose was the first survivor castaway to be eliminated from the game.

If you want to watch Survivor’s 45th season and see what happens next, tune in to CBS on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Eastern Time.