Call for Submissions!

Gators Have Chosen the New Literary Magazine Title
The+new+literary+magazine+cover+of+Gateway+Regional+High+School+voted+in+via+SNO+poll+ending+on+1%2F5%2F24.+
Advisor Kelly Barrett
The new literary magazine cover of Gateway Regional High School voted in via SNO poll ending on 1/5/24.

Students, faculty, and staff may begin submitting original poetry, essays, short stories, photography, artwork, and any other creative pursuits to be published this spring in issue 1 of Gateway’s new literary magazine, The Panoramic Viewthe title and cover winner recently selected by readers! Email submissions to [email protected] by March 20th!

You may be wondering how the name originated. When alligators are submerged, their eyes can break the surface only, allowing their bodies protection while maintaining a wide-ranging view of their surroundings. At The Chomp, we welcome diverse, wide-ranging views of all topics because we promote equity and inclusivity. At the same time, Gateway, with its moniker, “The Swamp,” is a place where we can all feel protected while we grow and explore who we are, what we know, and what we want to learn before we go out into the world to develop a more comprehensive worldview.

We’ve learned that Gators represent strength, protection, adaptability, patience, balance, wisdom, and rebirth. Most of us have witnessed the strength, adaptability, and wisdom of fellow Gators, and it’s a goal for every Gator to feel protected while they gain wisdom from their time at The Swamp. Additionally, it’s a new year, which is a figurative rebirth, so think about how to be your best self, and think about what you can create and share with our Gator community through your unique experiences while on your road to self-discovery.

We challenge you to write on any of the topics that Gators represent: strength, protection, adaptability, patience, balance, wisdom, and rebirth, but you are NOT limited to these.

We want to publish your wisdom, learn from your adaptability, and grow stronger in our Gator community together by creating fellowship with through this publication. What better way to do that than in a printed pursuit–Gateway’s new literary magazine including students, faculty, staff, and anyone else who is a key contributor in the Gateway community. If you consider yourself a Gator and spend any time at all in The Swamp and perform in a capacity that contributes to making our school what it is today, then you may contribute to The Panoramic View.

Stay tuned! We expect to print sometime in May with spring feeling like a pretty fitting time to publish your creative pursuits on such topics!

If you prefer a print submission, you may drop it off in room 415 or ask that it be placed in Mrs. Barrett’s office mailbox. The preferred method of submission is email to [email protected].

– The Chomp editing team