Categories:

The Middle School Halloween Dance

A spooky success
Adelaide Lee won Best Overall with her fantastic Oompa Loompa costume!
Deanna Khan

Boo! Did I scare you? Well some of the costumes at the middle school Halloween Dance might! Recently, Gateway had its middle school Halloween Dance, and students from grades 7-8 were dressed in their best costumes. While a dance in general is fun, this dance was special! It was also a costume contest. There were a few different categories for costumes, such as most original and best duo.

Before we get into that, let’s talk about other things that happened at the dance! The night was filled with laughter and giggles, especially after the wedding that happened! That’s right, middle schoolers have a better love life than you. Besides that, the concession stand was sold out by the end of the night, there was almost nothing left!

Now, let’s get into the more important part, the contest! After the dance, two of the winners were interviewed.

“It was funny and it was cool. I won two gift cards too,”  says Adelaide Lee, winner of best costume.

It seems that dressing up was worth it! “It was a very fun experience,” says Maks Hucaluk, winner of wild card, “A little thing I would like to say to future Gators who attend this dance is that it is a really fun time, so you should go to this dance.”

While the costume contest was occurring, kids in middle school yearbook club were snapping away at the gorgeous costumes! Four cameras were given to four students, and while some weren’t able to make it, others filled in for them.

Now, because of the success of the concession stand, kids in the baking/cooking challenge club are being provided with the ingredients for the first challenge, so thanks to everyone who bought something, whether it was a drink or a snack, the baking/cooking challenge club says thanks!

Even though this dance was short, only lasting for two hours, the memories everyone made will last forever.

Donate to The Chomp

Your donation will support the student journalists of Gateway Regional High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.